Monday, April 21, 2008

Week 16

Four more months till Hawaii. I've been getting refocused on my diet and exercise since Wednesday of last week. I've been skimming through a new book for weight training for women - getting new ideas for strength training workouts at home. So far, it's been good. Over the past year, I've forgotten how rewarding weight training can be at home - it's convenient and still kicks my ass.

I had a pretty packed weekend planned - but my main Saturday and Sunday plans got cancelled last minute. It was a blessing in disguise since both plans involved tempting carb-filled foods. On Saturday, I was supposed to go to this new afternoon tea place with my cousin for my belated birthday celebration - but she cancelled on Thursday with a cold. On Sunday, my yoga friends and I were supposed to head over to Julian, a quaint old gold mining town near San Diego for a four mile hike to a waterfall and then for apple pie. On Friday, we got an e-mail from our hiking leader that he injured his neck while sleeping after yoga. So, whew...saved me from the temptation of being near fresh baked pies and apple cider donuts.


Thursday
Breakfast - protein shake
Lunch - Wendy's chicken caesar salad
Snack - protein shake
Dinner - Panini Cafe salmon salad
Exercise - yoga


Friday
Breakfast - protein shake
Lunch - Corner Bakery chicken caesar
Snack - protein shake
Dinner - Newport Seafood and had kung pao chicken, salt and pepper shrimp and sauteed pea sprouts
Exercise - ran 2-3 miles and did weights:
3 sets each
12 squat/overhead press combo with 12.5 lbs
10 bulgarian split squats (each side) with 7.5 lbs
15 RDLs with 17.5 lbs handweights
15 Chest press 17.5 lbs
15 Bent over rows 15 lbs

Saturday
Breakfast: protein shake
Lunch: chicken caesar salad at Costa Mesa Omlette Parlor
Snack: protein shake
Dinner: Shabu
Exercise:
6 mile run to the beach
3 sets of:
10 shoulder split squats 12.5 lbs each leg
20/10 Diamond push ups (first two sets on my knees, last set on my feet)
10 skull crushers 10 lbs (each arm)

Sunday
Breakfast: Protein shake
Snack: Protein shake
Lunch: Fried calamari and scallop bacon salad at Macaroni Grill (not the cleanest tnt lunch)
Dinner: Shabu
Exercise:
Yoga - I got a free week pass to YogaWorks and took Nora's Vinyasa Flow Level 1 and 2It was great for really loosening up my hip flexors and hamstrings. My back felt so much better too.

1 comment: