Tuesday, October 16, 2007



How is it that people always has advice about fitness and diet? Who died and made these people instant fitness/nutrition experts? The advice I have been getting lately from this one particular person is to eat large quantities of edamame because they are so good for me, they are tasty, easy to make and I should be filling my body with good stuff.

I wanted to rip my lashes off. Granted she was trying to be helpful, but hello!? Edamame? That's the undiscovered secret to weight loss? OMG, who hasn't had edamame? Anyway, the reason why I'm a little irritated about the conversation is because she's been promoting this tip almost every day for the past five weeks. I finally told her that it wasn't good to eat large quantities of one thing - so she would back off.

But I've had people from before who gave me lame advice about weight loss. My past favorites tips include the bagel diet (substitute a bagels for entire meals) or the Total cereal diet (eating Total cereal three times a day). I was guaranteed to lose weight!

I think my beef about this whole entire thing is that I know the right thing to do. I know the spiel about eating little meals more often, doing a combo of strenght training and cardio and eating less empty carbs. The knowledge is there. The true issue is just being disciplined and being able to actually do it.

5 comments:

YoungVeezy said...

I also recommend the edamame diet. It helps promote the growth of healthy breast tissue. My boobs are sooo big now. Unfortunately, I was born male.

YoungVeezy said...

BTW, does your coworker read your blog?

Easy Peasy said...

NOPE, none of my coworkers read my blog. Fortunately most of them are not Web-saavy.

dave shiwota said...

! ! ! ! eDOMAIMEH ! ! ! !

Easy Peasy said...

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy.htm