Saturday, December 19, 2009


BTW, I used to think people with thyroid conditions were making crap up. But I do really believe its a tricky disease to treat and understand. Hormones affect all aspects of our body and imbalances can cause other imbalances to happen.

So, I looked at my Thailand pictures and I am thinking to myself, WHY AM I SO PUFFY? I am cold all the time and really big considering how little calories I was consuming before the trip and how much I was exercising. My skin was also extremely dry and I was also experiencing some neuropathy. So when I got back, my endo told me that I am starting to show signs of being HYPOthyroid. But he initially did not want me to get started on synthetic hormones because once I take them, I will have to take them forever. I could tell he wanted to wait till my hormone levels had totally dipped. In the meantime I could gain 20-30 lbs and my symptoms could worsen. However, I remembered him telling me that being hypothyroid could affect the neural development of a fetus. So I reminded him I was trying to get pregnant, he said in that case, he would put me on the hormone.

so we'll see what happens. right now my focus is just on trying to get the best sleep every night. not stressing out too much, eating properly, going for all my appointments and exercising in between. '



No comments: